LawLawLaw #50 – Technology, Law, Baseball, Rock ‘n’ Roll.
As vaccination rates increase and cases/deaths decrease in the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, many things begin to return to something akin to pre-pandemic normality. And if you thought that I was going to say “normalcy,” well, I almost did (https://grammarist.com/usage/normalcy-normality/).
36 clients have hired Clocktower and then gone on to be acquired (more than half by public companies).
Zero clients have fired Clocktower and then gone on to be acquired by a public company.
* Waybridge Raises $30M To Make Physical Commodities Supply Chains More Efficient And Resilient (2021-05-14)
* Axtria Secures $150M Growth Investment From Bain Capital Tech Opportunities (2021-05-13)
* Transcend Air Awarded Key Air Force Project To Develop Simplified Vehicle Operation And High Speed Nap Of The Earth (NOE) VTOL Flight (2021-04-05)
* Beamable Closes $5M Equity Funding Round (2021-02-23)
* Narmi Raises More Than $20 Million From Backers Including NE (2021-02-02)
* CloudZero Is Raising $8 Million In New Equity Investment (2021-01-06)
Probably some MIT engineers involved in the Mars helicopter, while MIT’s mascot does its thing in Canada. Engineers giveth, engineers taketh away.
* Canadian Beavers Chomp Down Town’s Internet (2021-04-26)
* A Helicopter Flies On Mars (2021-04-19)
This is the intersection of technology, law, and policy. But I agree that those Boston Dynamics walking robots are creepy.
* New York City Police Scrap ‘Creepy’ Robotic Dogs (2021-04-29)
Plus some Bruins playoff news. Because three of the all-time Bruins goal scoring leaders are on this team.
And some Patriots and Celtics news for good measure.
The Red Sox started the season 0-3 and then won 9 straight. They’ve been in first or second place most of the season, are winning most series, and are doing it with only a few superstars and a large cast of role players who are playing above expectations. I give credit to Alex Cora for the turn-around. Worst-to-first, here we come!
* Fenway Park Back To Full Capacity; Red Sox Beat Marlins 3-1 (2021-05-29)
* Tatum Drops 50 To Help Celtics Secure The 7th Seed, Beat The Wizards 118-100 In Play-In Tournament (2021-05-18)
* Jayson Tatum Scores 60, Leads Boston Celtics To Incredible 32-Point Comeback Over San Antonio Spurs, 143-140 (2021-04-30)
* Adam Vinatieri Is Finally Calling It A Career (2021-05-26)
* Let’s Have A Quick Nod To The Heroes Of Round 1 For The Bruins (2021-05-24)
* Recap: Bruins Eliminate Washington With Clinical 3-1 Win In Game 5 (2021-05-23)
* J.D. Martinez’s Milestone Home Run (250th) In 9th Wins It (2021-05-21)
* Recap: Bruins Take Series Lead With 3-2 Double Overtime Win Over Capitals (2021-05-19)
* Red Sox 12, Tigers 9: I Have No Idea What I Just Watched (2021-05-06)
* Red Sox Sweep Double-Header From Twins, Win Ninth Straight (2021-04-21)
* Red Sox 11, White Sox 4: A Stress-Free Bounceback On Patriots Day (2021-04-19)
* Red Sox 7, Twins 1: I Can No Longer Resist The 159-3 Joke (2021-04-14)
* The Red Sox Are At Least Watchable Again (2021-04-07)
* Opening Day: Red Sox 0, Orioles 3: It Can Only Go Up From Here (2021-04-02)
When I was in college at MIT, I started listening to music in my dorm room to drown out other noises. Now I cannot work without music! In the car, I listen primarily to WXRV 92.5 The River (https://theriverboston.com/), sometimes to WBOS 92.9 (https://rock929rocks.com/) and WZLX 100.7 (https://wzlx.iheart.com/). After work, I listen to various Music Choice stations on cable TV (https://musicchoice.com/).
But during work, I listen to Radio Paradise (https://radioparadise.com/), which I have been listening to since 2008, and which is, by far, my favorite radio station. Run by a husband and wife team out of California, Radio Paradise (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Paradise) features listener-supported eclectic music. I appreciate the various ways to listen (website, apps, iTunes/Music, Apple TV) and the high quality streams. I also donate monthly. Definitely worth checking out!
“Midnight Run” is one of my favorite movies.
* R.I.P. Charles Grodin: Beethoven And The Heartbreak Kid Actor Dies Aged 86 (2021-05-18)
Today’s song du jour of the day:
* I Can’t Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar (1984)